Monday, January 09, 2006

Not reference questions

Make note. The following are not reference questions. I'm not saying you can't say them. They're just not reference questions.

1. Where are you from? (Derivatives: Are you American? Are you [insert exotic ethnicity here]?
2. You speak English very well.
3. Your knowledge of American culture is impressive.
4. Were you born here?
5. Are you married?
6. Are you a student librarian?
7. Are you from Iraq? (although similar to #1, this one is so special it gets its own number).
8. I just want you to know I am totally against the war.
9. Are you Muslim?
10. I totally have a thing for librarians.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I would always go up to the ref desk and tell them #10. And in return they would always direct me to the 778's. Hmm...

Anonymous said...

I only get "How many semesters do you have left?"