Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Librarian Fashionista Dependencies

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. I have a problem. It's co-shopping. It's like crack. I'm like a fancily-dressed Tyrone Biggums.

There are two forms of co-shopping that I have identified so far. The first is Supportive Shopping. I did a whole mess of that this past Monday. Neighbor J just got a new job and needed fabulous new work clothes. So I went along to be supportive, right? I may as well have been a Cross-Your-Heart for all the supporting I was doing that day. No matter that I already have a closet full of luscious duds. No matter that the girlies working at the three-story Anthropologie have more snoot than Mr. Belvedere (probably because they need to eat a sandwich, yo). Supportive shopping is not great for the pocketbook, but it's so damn gooood. Might-make-you-impotent kind of good. Seriously, it's good. Try it, you'll like it.

Next is Personal Shopper shopping. This is when your friends ask you (because you're such a fashionista librarian-- oops, wait, that's me) to help them break out of their rut and help them choose an outfit. No wonder Carson Kressley is always so damn chipper. Dressing someone is fun. Almost as fun as undressing someone. It's like lifesize Barbie playtime (the dressing someone, not the undressing-- don't be disgusting). I'm starting to be convinced that this is my true calling. Screw this librarian racket, I need to be dressing people. Personal Shopper shopping has the added bonus of not making me broke. The downside is that it can easily lead to Supportive Shopping. It's a gateway drug.

Kiss the rings, I'm out.
Librarian Girl

6 comments:

WDL said...

mama like.

this blog makes me tingly.

keep up the good work, library darlings are so far and few between.

xo,
matthew

WDL said...

mama like

this blog makes me tingly

there are so few library darlings in the world...glad i found another.

xo,

WDL said...

i didn't realize you had to approve these, i typed the last one twice.

it was worth typing twice by the way.

ciao

Anonymous said...

You can dress me anytime, baby! It WAS too much fun! Wanna go again? Wanna? Wanna?

Anonymous said...

What do you call it when your personal shopping addiction spills over and results in me buying things!? I ended up buying the same outfit MAP bought, only in a different color. I blame it alllllll on you! That's it. You're not my best friend anymore! Heh heh.

Librarian Girl said...

But you look good, don't you? That was a damn good outfit, as I recall.