Saturday, May 22, 2010

My first library love

Many librarians have lovey memories of their first library. The only other professions I have had have been artistic, and I find arty types to have similar lovey feelings about childhood arty memories. I will never forget the first dance show I saw, or the first professional play. Do other professions have this? Do builders always remember some childhood structure that moved them? Do computer programmers get choked up about their first Commodore Vic-20?

Today I swung by the first library that I ever went to as a child, and in my mind it was a dilapidated mess of a joint. And sheeit was my memory right. Still, I loved that place.




-


The liquor store next door even has PIZZA, you guys. All the amenities, I tell you.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: