Thursday, November 22, 2007

Post Thanksgiving Neurosis

After dinner is over and guests have gone, we have this little chat.

Me: So...what are we having for dinner tomorrow?
Nordic Boy: Why are you even thinking about that?
Me: We shopped and prepared so much for today that I don't think we have anything left to eat tomorrow.
Nordic Boy: I don't know. We'll figure it out tomorrow.
Me: Whatever we have, it's got to have more veggies. As much as I love Thanksgiving food, my body doesn't feel right if I don't eat a lot of veggies. Corn and green beans weren't enough for me tonight. I'm all full of starch. Ugh.
Nordic Boy: Ok, so we'll go back to lots of veggies. TOMORROW. Why are we talking about it now? Are you worried you're going to get scurvy from one starchy meal?
Me: No. Unless your body can feel temporarily scurvish. Then yes.
Nordic Boy: Oh my god.
Me: I'm shutting up now.

3 comments:

Claire said...

A girl after my own heart! Thinking about the next meal as soon as the most recent one has been consumed. Me likey :o)

Katie Kiekhaefer said...

I totally overdosed on carbs on Thanksgiving. Like literally, I sat down at the table with my family, looked around and said "We don't have any vegetables!!!" And my carbaholic parents just kind of shrugged and I went off to warm up some frozen corn. And then had a salad for lunch the next day :)

Anonymous said...

Vegetables? What are those?