Saturday, November 25, 2006

Giving thanks for Marty...

To tide me over the holiday weekend, I copied a meme from Marty. Of course, I am doing this with tons o' pop culture deliciousness. Consider yourself tagged. Oh- and if you're running out of things to be thankful for, watch "Home for the Holidays" this weekend if you get a chance. You'll thank me for it.

Here goes.

I'M AMAZED...
when I think about that scene in "Center Stage" where Cooper drives his motorcycle on stage in the middle of the ballet. Motorcycle! Ballet! Two great tastes that go great together.

I DOUBT...
seriously that Izzy would still have a job at Seattle Grace after she freaked out and killed Denny. I mean, really.

I CAN'T SEE...
"Snoopy Come Home" without crying. I mean more than misting up. Full out crying.

I WANT TO BEAT WITH A SOCKFUL OF QUARTERS...
Kramer. I mean, holy stromboli!

I'M ADDICTED...
to "Adam's Rib." Hepburn and Tracy. Sigh. Could watch it for days. "Lawyers should never marry other lawyers. This is called in-breeding; from this comes idiot children... and other lawyers." Ah, Kip!

I FEEL BAD...
for the Hotlips Houlihan character in the movie version of "MASH." They were so awful to her.

I WATCH...
"Star Trek: the Next Generation" re-runs. Shut up.

I LISTEN...
to Mr. Rogers on tv when I get ready in the morning, sometimes.

IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS...
I would go visit the manor where "Remains of the Day" was filmed. Sheezus I love that movie.

I WANT...
"My So-Called Life" to have more episodes. Man, they cut that off right in the middle of everything! Angst interruptus!

I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT...
"Manteca," by Dizzy Gillespie. Or "Lucky Star," by Madonna.

I'M OBSESSED...
with the cheezy goodness of Doris Day. I mean, when she keeps imagining beds every time she is around Cary Grant in "That Touch of Mink?" Oh, I am engorged with Velveeta and I love it.

I THINK CHILDREN...
should never be exposed to the Oompa Loompas in the original "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." They scared the shit out of me.

I CAN'T WAIT...
for the Landmark Theatres in my town to get new seats. The ones they have now are older than I am, I'm sure of it. Every time I go there I remember how Alli's mom used to warn us that we'd get ringworm from movie theater seats.

I'M PROUD...
that I've seen Nellie Oleson in person.

I HAVE A DREAM...
with Jon Stewart in it. Rawr.

I ALWAYS WEAR...
my pajamas when I watch "Lost." Have to be in pajamas before I snuggle up to watch it. Just have to.

I FEAR...
Ted Levine, even when I see him on "Monk." To me, he'll always be Gumb the Moth Guy from "Silence of the Lambs." *shudder*

I WISH...
there was a tv comedy set in a library. I certainly feel like I work in a sitcom.

I ONCE ACCIDENTALLY...
went to a New Kids on the Block concert. It was an accident. I swear.

I NEVER...
saw "Top Gun." I'm kind of proud of that.

I MISS...
watching "The Ten Commandments" on tv with my mom every year. We would try and estimate how much baby oil Heston had on and I would do my best to imitate Anne Baxter's sultry pre-Kathleen-Turner voice. "Moses, Moooo-ses."

I'M LOATHE TO ADMIT...
that I still to this day miss "Northern Exposure." What a cheezball I am.

I'LL NEVER FORGIVE...
any of those movies where intelligent, beautiful women choose to
romance Jack Nicholson. Helen Hunt and Diane Keaton, I'm looking at
you.

Kiss the rings, I'm out.
Librarian Girl

8 comments:

Sphincter said...

Snoopy Come Home is a crier. Anybody who doesn't think so is cold.

Desperate Housewife said...

You met Nellie Olsen?!!!
I always kind of preferred her and Mrs. O to the Ingalls. They were certainly more entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I went to a New Kids concert ON PURPOSE! They were the opening band for Tiffany. I went with my mom and she bought me a super awesome pink jean jacket to wear to the concert. It was the best night of my life at age ten!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for giving thanks for me! Does that make any sense?!? :)

I totally agree about those damn Oompa Loompas. And about Hot Lips - that shower scene was hilarious but so mean! And Star Trek: TNG effing rules. I had a secret crush on Captain Picard sophomore year of high school, and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Anonymous said...

Sally really said that about the theater seats? Gross.

Librarian Girl said...

Alli, she totally said that. Ask her about it...she told us that she tried to never put her head back in a theater seat.

Darlene said...

Okay, clearly I am in awe of you after reading this blog. Nellie Olsen??? New Kids on the Block??? You are my hero. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Okay, three things:

1. Ooompa Loompas...scary as hell. Actually, Willy Wonka freaked me out in that as well. Still does.
2. Star Trek: The Next Generation just gets better with age.
3. And, I too, still miss Northern Exposure. What a great show!

Oh and one more thing...you rock! (It's true. I wouldn't say it otherwise.)