Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lifelong Learning

Exhibit A:
Delium: It was like that episode of Scooby Doo. Where Scooby... Wait a minute. Scooby. Scooby DOO.
Me: What about him?
Delium: The name. It's referring to scatting. His name is a reference to scatting.
Me: You just got that?
Delium: I just got that!

Exhibit B:
Nordic Boy: You are such a good whistler. How do you do that? Right on key and everything!
Me: It's a gift.
Nordic Boy: Whistle something.
Me: (whistling 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.")
Nordic Boy: Really? Of every song in the world, you're whistling the ABC song?
Me: No, that was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Nordic Boy: Yes, which is also the tune to the ABC song.
Me: DUDE. I have never noticed that!!

We take lifelong learning very seriously around here.

6 comments:

Teej said...

How did I not realize the ABCs/Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star connection before?!

Sauntering Soul said...

I never knew that about Scooby Doo.

My word verification is "orgiez". That's something I don't have any personal knowledge about either.

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I never knew that- both thats!

Anonymous said...

It's also the same tune as "Baa Baa Black Sheep"

Manda said...

I knew the ABC/Twinkle connection because of one of my daughter's toys plays different musical tunes and didn't come with any list of the songs, so I was guessing what they were as they were playing and realized that tune will work for either one.

But the Scooby Doo is a new one for me, thanks!

cadiz12 said...

i'm going to look at scooby doo in a whole different light now. and moreso at Scrappy.