Saturday, April 24, 2010

Consumables #13

Lo, it was consumed, and it was good. Well, it was mostly good. Some of it was good.

Lost
Lost loves to kill off the ladies, has anyone noticed? What am I saying- of course someone has noticed. There are people out there that count the number of times each character has blinked on that show.

Ke$ha on SNL
Wow, we were so embarrassed for her when we watched this. Like, watching with one eye open and slumping down in our seats embarrassed.

Tina Fey on SNL
I still love you, Tina, but that rant against Whores Who Steal Husbands made me love you a little less. Because if one's husband is getting "stolen" I think the husband may have a little something to do with it, call me cuckoo. I thought you were smarter than that, my Tina.

The Bird and the Bee does Hall and Oates
Whenever I hear the song "Maneater," I think about my friend Alli in elementary school and how she went through a phase where she and her other friend chased a kid named Chad mercilessly around the playground every recess singing "Whoa-oh here she comes! Watch out boy, she'll chew you up!" How awesome is that?

All Balanchine show
We went to see this and I think it was my favorite thing I've seen PNB do. Barebones, stripped down goodness. It took me right back to my childhood in the best way.

Don Draper and Lorelei Gilmore
Re-watched an episode of The Gilmore Girls where Lorelei goes out on a date with ultra-boring rich guy, and it was Jon Hamm! It's things like this that make me inexplicably happy.

Bushido: The Cruel Code of the Samurai
Come on, with a cover like that, we just had to get it.

Glee
Although I am not a full-fledged Gleek because there are a few things that sort of get me giggly at the wrong places (the girl who plays Rachel? Oh my how she loves to twirl and hold her fist to her breast in earnestness while she sings. It's to the point now where, whenever she sings, I say "TWIRL, RACHEL, TWIRL! and she is always happy to oblige me), there are times when I just adore this show. Like this week? The Madonna tribute show? So much to love. Jane Lynch in the Vogue video remake was just awesome. Awesome awesome awesome. And PS, I love it when I see SYTYCD dancers in other things.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I heard one of those Hall and Oates remakes at Anthropologie last week and your post is a pleasant reminder of it. I can't believe they did an entire album of their songs!