Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Be Illin'

Cloudy Thoughts from Sickhead Sickbed

1. Earl Grey decaf tea is the elixir of life.

2. I love that long skinny microphone that Bob Barker uses. Why don’t people use those any more?

3. The only thing that sounds good to me is staring at a screen. Computer screen, tv screen. What did sick people do in pre-screen-times?

4. Even if you haven’t watched a particular soap opera for more than 15 years, you can tune into one and it’ll have many of the same actors and storylines that are still being dragged out, year after year. Convenient.

5. Chunky chips ahoy...oy oy oy. Is this not a brilliant commercial?

6. Did you all know that Regis still screams at Gelman?

7. Pretty Baby with Susan Sarandon and Brooke Shields is not the movie you want to watch if you’re home sick. Trust me.

8. I missed a committee meeting at work today. I bet it was the one meeting where they had cupcakes or someone told a really good joke or something. Damn.

9. I like how Brits say “shut it!” sometimes instead of “shut up!” If I told people to shut up more often, I could adopt this way of saying it.

10. I’ve been mulling over which tv doctor I would wish to have at my bedside to get me well. Dr. Huxtable, maybe, but he delivers babies, and I certainly do not want that. Hawkeye Pierce, maybe? Dr. Crusher? So many choices...

I’ll write a more coherent post soon, I promise.

Kiss the rings, I'm out.
Librarian Girl

3 comments:

WDL said...

you poor poor pumpkin.

i am home today as well, but only because its passover, and I feel like it.

i did not realize how bad day time TV was.

Get back to work, or amuse us with more tales of woe. Not that your sickness amuses me, but you do amuse me in general.

xo,
matthew (who is blogging again)

Librarian Girl said...

Matthew! You're back! That makes me feel better.

Librarian Girl said...

Tea and tv time...come to think of it, that's what we do even when we're both well.