Friday, September 17, 2010

Consumables #28

Secret Lives of Pippa Lee

One of the reasons I don't usually lust after celebrities is that most of them seem like idiots in real life, and I can't get past that, even if they are really, really good actors or singers or what have you. I am not attracted to idiots. This might seem to go without saying but it seems to me that many people don't give a rat's ass about whether or not someone's an idiot as a prereq for getting in their pantaloons. Which, really, why would it be? One's pantaloons are not tied directly to idiocy levels. But still, for me, they are totally related. However, Keanu Reeves in this movie is cyoot. He doesn't say much, which helps, and I still think he's probably dumb as a box of rocks, but he's pretty. And I have a soft spot for Robin Wright for reasons too stupid to mention.

Believe: The Eddie Izzard Story
I love this dude.

Roman Holiday
I watched this again because a good friend o' mine has up and left for Italy and so what better movie to watch and imagine them running around the streets of Rome? I love how Audrey Hepburn is just so fricking consistent. She is the same goddamn person in everything, all the time, which some have noted is kind of an acting flaw, but hell. I appreciate knowing what I am getting. And Gregory Peck, and vespas, and Eddie Albert, the Green Acres guy? Delish.

I'd Know You Anywhere, by Laura Lippman
This genre is not my usual cup of tea, but I liked it overall. I was thankful for no gory stuff, but at the same time she didn't sugarcoat anything either. Good balance. The one thing I couldn't get over was the fact that the main character and her husband didn't seem quite appalled, repulsed, angry enough that a psycho who had victimized her was trying to get back in touch with her. They just sort of seemed like, ok, well that's awkward, and kind of gross, but ok, you know, whatevs.

Things in worky land are stressful for me and my library homies currently. This song seems appropriate for my mindset right now, in terms of timing, and summer ending, and what's ahead.




Have a loverly weekend, alla yous!

No comments: