Monday, June 25, 2007

You Guys So Get Me

Really, ya'll. What would I do without you? When I am in a mood to spout off some Grade A 100% Organic cranium crap, who would care if not for you? There are things in life that I find so frigging entertaining, so mouthwateringly giggleworthy, that I must spread the joy. And to be honest, most people don't care about my particular brand of joy. But you all do, and I appreciate that. I see things in life and I think: I have to tell my blog friends about this one. And I know you'll get it. For example.

At work today, someone asked me a question about the movie "Evening." I asked them who was in that movie. They said "Vanessa Redgrave and Meryl Streep," and I said "Oh yeah, isn't Claire Danes in that too?" and she said "see, I named off the older people in that and you named off the younger person, which kind of mirrors us!" I took all kinds of glee from this comment, and set aside the fact that the person who said this to me looks to be about the same age as me. Who cares? I will take it, so there. Don't judge. Let me have my glee.

And speaking of glee, I've got another one for you. My tivo box, as you other tivo-ers know, will record things for me that it thinks I might like. Because I don't really ever rate the shows I do watch, my tivo box suggestions are really hit or miss. Like, it keeps recording The Roy Rogers Show for me. Stupid tivo box. On the other hand, it will sometimes get me great choices of things I hadn't ever seen before, which is how I found the new love of my life, So You Think You Can Dance. Love you again, tivo box!

The other day, I was scrolling through my tivo suggestions, and saw that it had recorded Oprah for me. And under the title "The Oprah Winfrey Show," it had a summary of what was on tap for the patron saint of Nate Berkus (you guys, I love Nate Berkus. Don't hate). But this summary had nothing to do with Nate, or anything else that I was expecting. What did the summary say? It said the following: "Oprah discusses her bad hair day."

YES. IT. DID.

Oh I wish I had taken a photo of the screen for you, so that you could see that I am not making that up. But I didn't so you just have to trust me. She discusses her bad hair day!? As a SHOW?

Of course I had to see this. And you know what? She sure did discuss her bad hair day. Granted, it was only for about ten minutes, and then she went on to talk to regal Iman and giggly Naomi Campbell for the rest of the show. But she led off the show with a TEN MINUTE discussion of her bad hair day!

What could be dumber than that, you guys? The only think I can think of is if someone were to spend an equal amount of time writing a blog post about the whole damn thing. That would probably be the same type of person who would write about their trips to the hair salon, and shopping, and their obsession with having a nice yard. Now THAT person would be banal.

Oh. Oops. Um, yeah.

Kiss the rings, I'm out.
Librarian Girl

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I live for your blog. Well, okay. Perhaps that is a slight overstatement. But I do LOVE it a whole hell of a lot. You bring joy to my day on a regular basis.

I also live in fear that someday you're blog is going to go away. Should you ever choose to do this...please give advance warning of it. I'd say a year will be sufficient. :-)

Librarian Girl said...

Library Guy, you big lug! That sort of stuff makes my whole day. Pshaw.

Mwah!

Sauntering Soul said...

Uhm, have you forgotten I've recently been blogging about jury duty and the heat and bugs in Mississippi at my family reunion? Oh and garbage trucks. Don't forget the garbage trucks.

Your blog material runs circles around mine. Like library guy, I love your blog a whole hell of a lot.

Claire said...

Joining in the spirit of the hearting, just wanted to say I like your new music thang. Can't have the sound going on at work (pah, pesky library rules, who needs quiet?) but I'm liking your choices. PJ Harvey? You can SO be in my gang :o)

Josh said...

A few years ago I lived with my brother, who is gay, and that really messed TiVo up. That is to say, it recorded a bunch of gay stuff for a while. Even after we no longer lived together it kept taping Queer as Folk and bad gay movies on IFC. It's finally done with that kick now. Although it does record Reba a lot, and I have no idea what's going on there.

Anonymous said...

Dissing Roy Rogers!?!?!

You know your karma will have you dressing like Dale Evans in about five years or so...

Katie Kiekhaefer said...

I agree with library guy. I save your posts in my bloglines until I have enough time to devote myself properly to them. Is that stalkerish or sad? No matter--I'm saying it anyway!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

You know when I sit around thinking about my own tv show my hair is not on the top 100 list of things I'd talk about. But lets face it, if you've been on tv as long as Oprah has you're occasionally gonna run out of stuff and if we're gonna go all girly and talk about that kind of thing, better the bad hair day than the bikini wax. :)

Lady Wanderlust said...

Oprah's bad hair day sounds like riveting TV compared to some of the stuff I've seen here in Japan.

LYLAS