Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Beach Trip 2006

No matter how well you know your loved ones, new things continually come up to surprise you. This past week spent at a beach house on the coast with my most cherished ones was no exception.

1. 100% cute and stylish Biology Girl, once a year on this trip, dons a red hat, grabs a book, and turns into a 70 year old grandpa.




2. This book, found in the rec room, garnered hours of hilarity when read aloud, and new vocabulary was gained by all. (I'd never heard of a "man root" nor "love milk" before. And maybe I was better off for the not-knowing).



3. When attempting Lil' John impersonations, Neighbor J and Biology Girl have never sounded more girly nor whitebread. Imagine a high, dainty, Andrews sisters vibrato version of Lil' John. "Hokaaaay. Hokaaaay."

4. My foosball crown was taken away from me by Neighbor B. Taken away! And he got called a "heffer" for doing so. Sorry Neighbor. I likes me my crown.

5. If the point of playing pool was to scratch, I would be the Master Billiarder of the Universe.

3 comments:

Katie Kiekhaefer said...

Ahh the trashy romance novel--what would us librarian-folk do without it?

Now, this is slightly off topic but the new physics grad students came to visit the physics library today, wearing their little orientation nametags, and one of them had a last name of Littlejohn. It took every ounce of decency to not whisper "OOkaaay!" or "Whhaatt?" under my breath.

Anonymous said...

Picture this.... a very stuffy, conservative benefits and human resources outsourcing and consluting company (think actuary)in the suburbs of Chicago. Got a picture? Well we had a meeting room that, for no apparent reason, was FILLED with romance novels. I mean FILLED with books with references to "glistening man meats!"

Darlene said...

ROFL - there's nothing like a trashy period novel. ..."as his determined maleness pressed up against her silky cave of pleasure...." Aaahhh....good times, good times