It is Monday! I must list!
1. There is no correlation between it being Monday and me having to make a list. I don't know why I started this out with the implication that those two statements are related.
2. I forgot to tell you that when Biogirl and I went to see the tulips last week, we passed by a road sign that said "Next Exit For Visitor InFARMation." Which, let's face it, is awesome.
3. This sign made me think of a story about high school. When we were in 11th grade (or maybe it was even 12th grade), we read aloud from the text book in history class. Yes, I went to a public school in a depressed town, and this is the type of crap we did in school a lot of the time. College prep, not so much. ANYHOO. Alli was reading aloud that day, and as usual, no one was listening. Not the other students, not the teacher, no one. Well, maybe God was, but even that is questionable. Even Alli wasn't really listening to herself. And she was reading a section of the textbook on the framers of the Constitution. Only, she was so disengaged from what she was reading that she droned on and on saying it wrong. She kept saying "the FARMERS of the Constitution." Repeatedly. Finally, she caught it her own self and corrected herself. Because, you know, the teacher was probably really busy combing his mustache hairs or something. I realize that this story is really funny but also really sad in a way because we were kind of neglected youths ("what's a yoot?") in so many ways that it's kind of a bummer. So there you go. Comedy and tragedy, all in one story. Tears of a clown, people.
4. The weekend was super delicious. The weather was great (whenever I don't have to wear a coat I become a much nicer person) and I got lots done. I saw this movie, which made my brain grow a little. And then I followed it with this movie, which shrunk it right back down again.
5. I weeded in my yard yesterday, and dudes, I am SORE TODAY. That makes me feel so freaking decrepit.
6. I went out for coffee with my friend Sarah yesterday morning. We walked to a cafe about 15 minutes away from my house. We had something to drink and two scones, chatted, and then walked back to my house. In that time span? About two hours? Nordic Boy had bought and installed a new toilet in our bathroom. It is amazing that I don't have a complex about being a lazy slow ass, living with a dude like that.
7. We now have a shiny new dual flush toilet. Our water bill and the planet will be very happy with us. I do have some trepidation that when guests come over they will not know how to flush their unmentionables down the crapper, but other than that, I'm happy with it.
8. I think unmentionables are underwear, right? Not number ones and twos. I misnomered that I do believe.
9. Early this morning I have to go teach a class on Intellectual Freedom philosophy and library policy. Which is something I love to do. Which is a nice way to start off a week.
10. I'd like to think that my teaching that class would make farmers of the Constitution proud of me.
It is Monday! I must list!
- ► 2012 (84)
- ► 2011 (129)
- ► 2010 (181)
- ▼ May 2009 (12)
- ► 2008 (116)
- ► 2007 (124)
- ► 2006 (121)
Librarianwonder.blogspot.com by Pop Culture Librarian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.