Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Twitter is freaking me out now

I am sooooo sleepy.

Have I ever told you that sometimes, I just don't sleep? Usually it's just for a day or two, and then I'm ok again, but every once in a while I go for days where I only sleep for 3 or 4 hours a night. I am currently on day 4 of very limited sleep. So if I all of a sudden start typing ahipaetbj[ate-ahipe or something, you will know that I somehow fell face forward onto my keyboard (and clicked "publish" in my sleep). Which, pretty much, wouldn't really be a decline in the quality of the writing here so who cares. I am supposed to go see some friends' band play tonight, but their set starts at 9:45 and I don't know if I am going to make it, fellas. How pathetic is that? I don't know, maybe I will drag myself out, but it's not looking promising. All I can really think about is making sweet love to the Sandman.

I am not a technophobe, you know (wow, hello, defensive-sounding non-sequitur). I handle my way around the new fangled teknologeez pretty ok. But I have to let you in on a secret. That Twitter feed on the sidebar there? Currently shows a link to my most recent activity on Goodreads. And I have no idea how that happened, because I don't remember setting up that linkage. When I update Goodreads, how did Twitter know? I know that you are thinking that I probably linked the two and I just don't remember doing it, but really. I don't think I did that. Because I have been trying to keep my Goodreads account out of bloggyland because it was getting too work-related. My only recourse is to believe that Twitter is ALIVE and that it is infiltrating my life in a disturbing way. Although I admit that maybe I am only thinking that because I spend time in my workplace among patrons who think that the CIA is twittering them through the metal in their fillings. You hear that stuff enough and it starts to become a normal thing to think, I suppose.

Do you guys remember that episode of Gilligan's Island when Gilligan gets knocked in the head with a coconut and his filling gets loose and as a result he starts getting radio waves through them? So every time he would open his mouth, radio sounds would come out? Remember that? That was a good episode.

OhmygodIamtired.

Lastly, I will just share this. People sometimes bring things to the library so that we can add them to the collection. The other day someone brought these in to donate to us. They aren't even full issues, they are just the covers torn off of the real issues. Strange. But awesome.


Who's hair is more impressive, Oprah's or Larry Appleton's?

I'm out,
Librarian Girl

5 comments:

Josh said...

I think Oprah, Cousin Larry and Courtney Cox (what was her name on Family Ties?) are all sporting the same hair style.

God, the 80's were amazing.

Librarian Girl said...

Was it Laura? Was that her name? I suppose I could look it up, but eh.

cadiz12 said...

larry appleton rocked.

hope you get some sleep soon.

BioGirl said...

Wow. Seeing those covers made me want to do The Dance of Joy. For reals.

Yvonne said...

I had forgotten about Larry's hair. Wow.