Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Secret of Our Success

In the car, radio on, flippin' zee channels. Nordic Boy and I, totally silent.

"Oh Yeah" by Yello comes on.

Me: Ferris Bueller!
Nordic Boy: The Secret of My Success!
Me: Starring Michael J. Fox!
Nordic Boy: Planes, Trains and Automobiles!
Me: Oh my god! You are on a roll!
Nordic Boy: Teen Wolf!
Me: Really? This song was in Teen Wolf?
Nordic Boy: And K-9!
Me: Oh my god. You didn't just say K-NINE.
Nordic Boy: This song is in everything. From the 80s.
Me: And you remembered like, all of them.

Satisfied silence for the rest of the ride.

I'm out,
Librarian Girl

6 comments:

Leslie said...

That song is truly creepy! I had kind of forgotten about it. Until now.

*downloads furiously from iTunes*

Wilma said...

You know what else it's on? Every mixed tape I ever made. Evah.

Chris Cactus said...

I think it was actually a legal requirement that the song was included in all films made in the 80's. I'm sure if you listen hard you'll hear it in everything ;)

cadiz12 said...

perhaps if they had included it, that song would have made Mannequin make more sense.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

sweet! :)

Melinda said...

Oh my God. When are you guys swinging by to pick me up?