Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Our Town Part Deux

Ok, so this NaBloPoMo do-hickey is harder than I thought. And I thought it was going to be somewhat hard. Yes, I am already whining about this and it's only eight days in. I could so never be on Survivor. Endurance is apparently not in the cards for Librarian Girl. Plus I wouldn't want to eat bugs and rats and all like that. Unless they had peanut sauce on them, because I'll do just about anything for peanut sauce. So maybe if I rewarded myself with peanut sauce each day, I would post each day? Is a peanut sauce reward system the answer to goal achievment in my life? I am such a genius, I can't stand it.

So, because I have no news...hey remember Gary Gnu? "No news is good news with Gary Gnu"? Oops, I was talking. As I was saying, because I have no news, I'm going to update you all on Our Town. If you don't remember this, or weren't in the loop then, look here.

That Our Town post was one of the most popular posts I've ever written. You guys poured in the emails with all kinds of suggestions. That's the good news. The bad news is that...well, I hate to break it to you, but some of you STILL DID NOT GET IT. So for all of you who ridiculed Nordic Boy for not understanding the town (poor Nordic Boy), I don't know what to tell you. Mind you, no one came up with a suggestion as weird and nonsensical as he did, but still. The Our Town I.N.S. had to turn away some of the new people.

On the bright side, here are a few names from Our Town, as so many of you wanted to hear more. Some day I will write out the whole list, but for now...

Nick R. Bocker- older gent (who wears knickers, of course)
Nick O'Teen- carni worker
Max E. Pad- drug store owner
Lucy Goosey- town vamp
Rosie Cheek- ski instructor (on Mt. Ying Yang)
Pete Sake- exasperated elementary school teacher
Peter Out- narcoleptic house painter
Pat E. Cake- baker
Gene Pool- marine biologist (that's for you, Biology Girl)
Frank N. Beans and Mack N. Cheese- husbands who own the local greasy spoon diner, called "Beans and Cheese."
Douglas Fir- arborist
Molly Coddle, the proprietor of the Day Care Center

Ok, that's it. I need to go get that peanut sauce.

Kiss the rings, I'm out.
Librarian Girl

3 comments:

Katie Kiekhaefer said...

See, this is exactly why I didn't attempt any!!!!! Phew...

WDL said...

Rick O'Shea

owns the local shooting gallery....

Mr. Toast said...

OMG, there's so many possibilities it just boggles the mind ...

Jack Hammer (carpenter)
Frank Lee Speaking (politician)
Bob B. Soxx (runs local malt shop)
Helen Damnation (preacher)
Cal Q. Later (math professor)
Phil Errupp (runs the gas station)

and some oldies but goodies:

Frank N. Furter (mad scientist)
I.P. Frehley (urologist)
Seymour Butts and Ben Dover (plumbing business partners)
Amanda Huggenkiss (Bart Simpson's neighbor, moved to Our Town from Springfield)
Al Coholic (town drunk)

Sssssomebody ssssstop me!