Monday, February 20, 2006

He's Crazy-Funny

Last night I stepped out on the town to see Dave Chappelle and it was so friggin' fun that I'm still having fun today thinking about it. He brought along Mos Def and Erykah Badu and so it was like two concerts and a stand-up show all in one. Dancing and laughing, these are a few of my favorite things.

I've already chronicled the fact that I feel like I am at the unique point in life where I am exactly 50% adolescent, and 50% geezer. Last night, I gathered more evidence to see how the scales are tipping.

Forever 21 or Cutter & Buck?

Forever 21...
*I was at a Dave Chappelle/Erykah Badu/Mos Def show and knew almost all of the songs.
*The hardest I laughed all night was a joke about someone getting hit in the nuts.
*My eye make-up involved glitter.
*We forgot where we parked the car.

Cutter & Buck...
*I was dead tired when I got home at 12:30.
*I didn't go out afterwards.
*I thought it was quaint to see girls smoking trees in the women's bathroom.
*We forgot where we parked the car.

Kiss the rings, I'm out.
Librarian Girl

2 comments:

Josh said...

I think the difference between Forever 21 and Cutter & Buck is more "cheap skank" and "yuppie republican" than "young" and "old". But what do I know? I'm just a white 20-something who shops at the Gap for nondescript clothing, the way God intended.

Librarian Girl said...

Well, biology girl, there are a lot of things that seem to happen in the vortex that is created by the two of us together. We can't really count that in the REAL world, can we? Can we? hmmm...